Saturday, July 6, 2013
CARING FOR YOUR G TABLET
Caring for the LCD Screen
The LCD Screen is the most delicate component of the gTablet and comprised of thin glass. Please treat with care.
· DO NOT apply abrupt force as LCD screen may break.
· Place the gTablet in carrying case to protect it from dirt, water, shock and scratches before traveling.
· DO NOT drop or place heavy objects on the LCD Screen.
· DO NOT scratch the LCD Screen with fingernails or hard objects.
· Use a soft and lint-free cloth to wipe your gTablet. Wipe gently in order to avoid damaging the LCD Screen.
· DO NOT use your hand to wipe the LCD Screen directly.
· Turn off the gTablet if it will not be used for a long time.
· DO NOT clean the LCD Screen with chemical cleaners, acidic cleaner, or spray cleaners.
· Ensure that the LCD screen does NOT come into contact with hard objects (e.g.: buttons, watchband, pen).
· DO NOT spill liquid on or into the gTablet as it can damage the components of the gTablet.
· To properly clean your LCD screen, use a product specifically designed for LCD TVs and computers.
· Turn your wireless (WiFi) connection to Â¡Â°OffÂ¡Â± if you are not using wireless. Do this by tapping on the Â¡Â°SettingsÂ¡Â± icon in the Applications Task Bar. Then tap on Â¡Â°Wireless & networksÂ¡Â± and turn the wireless to Â¡Â°OffÂ¡Â±. This will significantly contribute to your battery life. Remember to turn this setting back on. You may also access wireless settings by tapping on the Â¡Â°wirelessÂ¡Â± icon in the right hand corner of the top status bar and turn the wireless to Â¡Â°OffÂ¡Â±.
1. DO NOT press or touch the LCD Screen or place items on the screen which will scratch.
2. DO NOT expose the gTablet to dirty, dusty, or moist environments.
3. DO NOT expose the gTablet to strong magnetic or electrical fields.
4. DO NOT leave the gTablet in the sun as it can damage the LCD Screen, especially in the car.
5. SAFE TEMPERATURE: The gTablet should only be used in environments with ambient temperatures between 41Â¡F (5Â¡C) and 95Â¡F (35Â¡C).
6. DO NOT expose the gTablet to liquids, rain, or moisture.
7. Caution: There is a risk of explosion if battery is replaced with an incorrect battery type.
8. DISPOSING: check local regulations for the proper disposal of electronic products. Please recycle the Battery Pack, and check with your Local Authority or retailer for recycling advice.
9. The gTablet and the Adapter can create heat while operating or charging. DO NOT leave the gTablet on your lap or any part of the body in order to prevent discomfort or injury from heat exposure.
10. INPUT RATING: Refer to the rating label on the gTablet and be sure that the Power Adapter complies with the rating. Only use attachments or accessories specified by the manufacturer.
11. Check the connections between the main unit and attachments before turning on the gTablet.
12. DO NOT insert anything into the gTablet that may result in short circuit or damage the circuit.
13. Power off the gTablet, if you want insert / attach or remove any external devices that do not support hot-plug.
14. Before cleaning, disconnect the gTablet from the electrical outlet and remove any installed batteries.
15. Keep gTablet away from children.
16. DO NOT disassemble the gTablet. Only a certified service technician should perform repairs on your gTablet. Otherwise, problem may result and the manufacturer will not be responsible for any damage.
17. DO NOT place the gTablet on soft surfaces (e.g.: bed, sofa, your lap), otherwise it maybe become too hot and halt the system.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
· This device may not cause harmful interference.
· This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with limits for Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, and can radiate radio frequency energy. If not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, it may cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on. The user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
· Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna on the affected receiver.
· Increase the separation between this device and the receiver. Connect this device into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
· Consult the dealer or an experienced technician for help.
CAUTION: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. All peripherals must be shielded and grounded. Operation with non-certified peripherals or non-shielded cables may result in interference to radio or reception.
CAUTION: Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the manufacturer of this device could void the userÂ¡Â¯s authority to operate the device.
Q: How do I turn off the gTablet when it freezes and cannot warm boot?
A: Press the POWER button and hold 4 or 6 seconds to turn off the gTablet. Then restart.
Q: Applications that I previously downloaded have disappeared after an OTA update, what happened?
A: Some applications might need to be reinstalled after an OTA update has been performed.
Q: What do I do if I can not turn on the gTablet?
1. If the power is low, connect to the electric outlets.
2. Make sure the indicator light indicator of the adapter is on.
3. Remove the micro-SD card and any other external device.
Q: What do I do if water gets into the gTablet?
1. DO NOT turn on the gTablet.
2. Disconnect the power cable to turn off the gTablet (do not use the power button). Detach the battery pack. Disconnect all external devices.
3. DO NOT place the gTablet into the dirty carrying case.
4. DO NOT use a hair dryer on the gTablet.
5. Then, take to a service center for advice.
Q: How do I recover the factory status?
A: Tap on Â¡Â°SettingsÂ¡Â±---Â¡Â°SecurityÂ¡Â±---Â¡Â°Factory data resetÂ¡Â± to recover the system to the default status in Main Menu. Note that all of your personal data will be lost (emails, contacts, etc.). Data saved on the internal storage like photos and music files will not be lost. Be sure to back up files that you wish to save.
Q: How do I prolong increase battery life?
1. Adjust the brightness of the LCD Screen to proper level.
2. Turn down the volume.
3. Turn off wireless if not in use.
Q: What do I do if the camera image is not clear?
A: Check that the lens is clean. If not, clean with the soft cloth.
For Customer Service, please visit www.viewsonic.com/gtablet.
Posted by Nilan at 11:13 PM