SnapPea has a pretty neat set of features. It allows you to manage media content; you can drag-and-drop music, pictures and video to your device, and you can automatically backup text messages, contacts and photos to your PC. As you’d expect, you can transfer files to and from your device, but rather than mount your device’s internal memory as USB storage, you connect by FTP. If you connect your phone to SnapPea by USB rather than WiFi, you can take screenshots of your device easily, as well as mirror your screen to your PC. You can install and remove applications from your device, and SnapPea integrates the Google Play Store, the 1Mobile Apps store, iTunes Trailers and TED Talks into its desktop application, and allows you to download and install applications through the desktop client directly. I’m told by the developers that they’re working on improving both the desktop client, and the application’s integration with various content stores so that in future versions, it will not be necessary to search each store separately.
- On your TAB, go to: More > Security > Enable ADB (Turn this ON)
- On your computer, download and install SnapPea for Windows: www.snappea.com SnapPea is the easiest way to manage your Tab from the desktop!
- Use a Micro-USB cable to connect your Tablet to your computer. Open SnapPea for Windows and it’ll automatically connect to your phone and install the SnapPea app on your tab (so that you can start side-loading apps). You’re all set!
- On your Tablet, go to: More > Device > Allow Installation of Applications (Turn this ON)
- On your Kindle Fire HD, go to: www.m.snappea.com Download SnapPea for Android. Open notifications and click to install the SnapPea download file.
- On your computer, download and install SnapPea for Windows:www.snappea.com SnapPea is the easiest way to manage your Kindle Fire HD from the desktop!
- On your computer, open SnapPea for Windows and select “Connect phone”. Select your Amazon Kindle Fire HD. Enter the passcode shown on your Kindle Fire HD in the SnapPea app. You’re all set!